In compliance with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, ANMF has submitted its report for 2014-2015 to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). The public version of compliance will be published on WGEA website.
To comply with the notification and access requirements, this report is now available for employees and members, who may also provide comments.
Objects of the Act
The principal objects of the Act are to:
- promote and improve gender equality (including equal remuneration between women and men) in employment and in the workplace
- support employers to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce, in recognition of the disadvantaged position of women in relation to employment matters
- promote, amongst employers, the elimination of discrimination on the basis of gender in relation to employment matters (including in relation to family and caring responsibilities)
- foster workplace consultation between employers and employees on issues concerning gender equality in employment and in the workplace
- improve the productivity and competitiveness of Australian business through the advancement of gender equality in employment and in the workplace.